Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Mother Theresa was a Cowgirl

Funny, coming back here, I feel like I'm coming back to someplace significant. Like driving down M66 into the river valley that was my childhood home. Maybe the most significant thing that has happened in my absence is that life has gone on. Dollar stores proliferate.

People are populating, blogging, facebooking, tweeting... the world is full of ambient noise. It is an abundance of insignificance.

If this were a yearly Christmas greeting, I'd say... "I'm TOTALLY in love with Morrissey (I TOLD you I could never be happy), I am still "teaching" and becoming more jaded-like-my-father. I miss some things. I, an obedient daughter, have many regrets, one being that I failed to devote my life to homeless people in India who have no human being who will sit beside them as they die.

If I could only be a cowgirl.

3 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Melina said...

If only we all could.
I miss you and your writing (almost as much as I miss my own).

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Your son is gorgeous, Melina. Carry on, sister!

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think about you often, MJ, even if you don't believe it.

cookie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home