Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Change Must Come from Us

"... by the very design and scale of national politics, no presidential campaign could offer more than a wink and a nod to true participatory politics. Activism isn’t something that happens on TV for a general viewing audience, but at home with real people who aren’t watching the tube at all. While a president can provide some inspiration – Oprah-style, if need be - for a whole lot of people, the executive isn’t the locus from which real change occurs. As president, Obama could enact policies that make activism easier to accomplish, jobs easier to create, and corporations more easy to resist – but this activity itself would have to come from us." - Douglas Rushkof

4 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psst, mj, it's me! cookie!

It's next to impossible for me to post here - my ancient Mac just doesn't like Blogspot at all anymore.

But I'm blogging again - I'm here: http://politicook.net - user name is a food item quite similar to cookie. :lol:

I'm linking to you, too, because even though trying to comment on Blogspot is almost impossible, I still love reading you.

How are you?

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Cookie! What a pleasant breath of fresh air from days of blogger past! I have tried to find you, over at Daily Koz, here and there. And I like your topics at politicook... ("I adore catastrophic scenarios and (Hu)man Against Nature scenarios"), as these possibilities have been on my mind as well (a recent dream had fast-growing succulent creepers winding around my wrists so fast and tight I had trouble getting them off in time to escape. Of course, I had to go back in and rescue the dog, who was whining from within...) hmmm... I did see The Happening not long ago.

I am writing an entry about Cormac McCarthy's The Road. If the test of a good book or movie is that it stays with you, this McCarthy book wins.

Hallelulia, it sure is good to see you!

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love The Road! I stayed up all night to read it, I loved it so much.

I hate Blogspot, though. Ever since Google took it over, it's become impossible, although it doesn't seem to be crashing my computer anymore.

Can't wait to read your review - and since I have another browser up, let me go link you (yes, even on my own blog, I have to switch between browsers to do anything except post comments - grr! but I'm cheap and refuse to buy a new computer).

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello my site name is www.webdolu.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home