Sunday, March 30, 2008

Be Here Now

in love
continually
with life perhaps
(being shy) may require

1. detachment

"It’s not about impressing people, it’s about moving them. I always found my mother extremely moving because she had no boobs. The girl who has the perfect body, like Betty Paige, freaks me out. My son writes on my jeans with big markers; I’m always writing poems on my arms with black pen and cutting my hair very short on the sideburns to have a profile like Napoleon. I like having those weird, tweaky things. It’s a stupid girl thing, but it’s better to not look your best so that people can imagine that the best is really much better [laughing]."

yes 2. laughing
3. a drug or two,
while 4. wearing these shoes



sometimes helps
5. a dalai lama memory
6. sidestepping (not even)
around spongy ground
full of melting snow

bangs cover your eyes,
migratory
bird.
I sing!

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger autumnleaf said...

and so a new year begins..

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger autumnleaf said...

I miss you in this new year, as I did in the last.....as Virginia Woolf said in her diary:"Just in case you ever foolishly forget; I'm never not thinking of you"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home