Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Burden of Being Butterfly

Being a new person isn't so easy, I've found. It's like losing weight. Easy going on, but long and hard coming off. I like to eat. I'm a lazy coward.

"I need an ambulance! I need an ambulance!" were the desperate words that awakened me with a shock in the night. Had I said them aloud, or were they a little secret tucked silently away in my mind?

Maybe I'm dying, I think (metaphorically, of course). Just when you realize you will never possess that which you desire (and in fact could care less), it's yours.

The burden of accomplishment. Getting. Possessing. Striving. Having a dream. Reaching a goal, running to the finish line, believing, achieving, actuating, high-five, riding-high, looking good, confident, proud, satisfied.

What a lot of distraction.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Melina said...

I meant to post on this. I think the key is in your title...the "burden of being a butterfly"; not everyone was meant to be one, but you are.

That was single-handedly the most convoluted sentence, but I hope you know what I'm getting at. (?)

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Thanks, friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home