Sunday, March 11, 2007

Love Poem

Waking up with feelings of dread
I wondered where I had left you
(and that old Cinderella watch, very pink, with very bouffant hair, I might add)

You once held my face
in your hands
My long hair a waterfall around us
where we climbed to your mountain home

Now I wonder if it isn't my hair, ultimately
that determines which road I travel

Robert Frost be damned.
I have misplaced my best barrettes,
hairpins scattered on a dusty palace floor,
the aroma of twenty-five pure flower and plant essences
never leave me

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she lefts hers
in a cottage full of love
up in a room she made
one for a damsel in distress
lily of the valley
one time held up to her
face
an aroma she knows
doesnt
matter
the time nor the place
as she wrote these words
ink bleeding from her veins
kissed her words
arms hugged around her body
felt a fingertip trace the outline of her face
she knew it was no one
no one
other than her mother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home