Sunday, November 26, 2006

Merit Lost in the Be Here Now

The last day is already gone, she said, all eaten up by cannibals of thought. Fear of death holds us down, screams HOLLER UNCLE! I once saw a woman with rubber skin, the only person to be truly happy and released from expectations. Her own. I watched her carefully from under the tent. And Ch'an Master Sheng Yen sat rapping.

Whatever you are doing, just do it.
Do not concern yourself with the approval or disapproval of others.
Do not think about whether you look like a fool or not.
People waste so much time and energy trying to impress or take advantage of others........ If in your mind you are clearly aware of what is happening around you or to you, then it does not matter what others perceive or believe. You may appear to be foolish or gullible to others, but in your mind you know you are not.


So I kept on truckin. Moving down the sidewalk I saw vagabonds and whores, sons of bitches, they took me down and kissed me in all the right places while I meowed like a cat in my past life. Getting up slowly and assessing the damage, which may be great, my desire to be human lessened. The bodies of the arhats passed by me like horizontal rain and I, dripping with desire, heard them rapping.

So come on baby let me show you how
The less you know the more I comprehend
You don't have to drag me down
I descend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home