Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Completely Free

It is amazing what people don't notice. For instance. I have skipped out of the past three staff meetings . It makes me wonder. Could I miss every staff meeting this year.... and, therefore, be completely free? People are busy. There is a lot that they would rather not see.

Dolly had a stroke on Sunday. This was after I took her to the emergency room Saturday because she had trouble breathing. They said she had heart failure and pneumonia. Spending the night in the hospital with buzzers and blinking lights brings some sort of jagged comfort, I suppose. The neurologist held up a package of crackers and asked Dolly what it was. She said, "Potato."

Now Dolly is at the "Retirement Community," doing intensive physical, occupational and speech therapy. Fuckin-A. This cycle of life and death is a mother-fucker. Isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home