Thursday, May 11, 2006

Perfect Food

I just keep accumulating bad karma, just stacking it up like stale doughnuts. For instance, wasn't that "obese people" reference in my last post uncalled for? Wow. That post and its potential to offend got me thinking about Karma Concentrate as an antidote for bad karma, sort of like Tang, the drink of the astronauts! Packed full of vitamins and minerals! "Gimme Some of that Karma Concentrate" would be a good song, I think, and I can already begin to hear the advertising jingle, which would include some bluesed-up chanting and a touch of cymbols.

This food thing isn't new to me. I periodically long for perfect food. The preponderance of heinous food around us everywhere (you should see what passes as food in the school where I work!) makes me long for truly nourishing and healing food. (And the switch from regular cola to diet cola in the schools is just choosing one disease over another for our children.) Sometimes it feels like we are swimming in a toxic environment. But let's not go there.

Boring and lifeless food is destructive, but there is a food that is perfect, and one that always comes to mind when I contemplate perfect food... lembas! I imagine it heavy and thick, a round brick of concentrated health-giving energizing soul-satisfying living "bread" (this sounds like communion, doesn't it?). Just a few crumbs would bring mighty strength and endurance.

No. I'm not a Lord of the Rings geek, damn it! But lembas just stayed with me. It created a longing. So now I have another perfect food to add to my fantasy provisions and a perfect compliment to lembas... Karma Concentrate. They will fit nicely in my backpack with all of my earthly possessions as I set forth to roam this world.

5 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Blogger erynthenerd said...

If it's wrong for you to notice all of the fat people in this obesity-diseased country, I suppose it's also wrong for me to notice how many non-English-speaking Mexican people are cashing paychecks three or four times my weekly wage when I'm working in customer service.

Maybe we can be roommates when we're doing our eternal time.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger erynthenerd said...

Oh, and you're right about the diet pop in schools. If I have children, I'm going to do all I can to keep them from consuming aspartame. Even if it means I can never drink another diet Pepsi again. Man. That's a big sacrifice.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Well, I am very relieved to know that I'm not the only asshole in the world. Whew. It's lonely out here. Hmmm, I like the "roommates doing eternal time" idea. We just need us a little Karma Concentrate. An easy fix, a quick solution, a million bucks, hell, don't you know who we are? We're Americans for christsakes!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger MJ said...

*rant in progress*

And speaking of the English-only thing, ("You come to "America" (like we are the only America) you better speak our language, ya damn foreigner!") This strikes me as really idiotic. It's like saying, "We aren't gonna learn any other language, we're stayin stoopid, so you better learn ours, you brown fuckers." Why aren't we a multi-lingual country? Why don't we get smarter, rather than dumbing ourselves down? Why aren't we implementing foreign language classes in lower elementary school, at a time when students can actually learn them? Why are we stupid and greedy and why do we worry about the stupid shit (like displaying the ten commandments which we don't follow) and get ugly with everybody instead of grounding ourselves in kindness and compassion? I want to see some love happening, a strong leader who has the intelligence and ability to guide the world toward peace. Call me naive for thinking peace is possible, but I just can't stand the Bush administration's lies, deceit, war-mongering and capitalizing on the hate of "Americans" any longer. And I am sick of all the "Christians" who blindly follow because they think they are being "good". I want people to think for themselves and I want to see them rise up and say, No more!

*end of rant*

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Look who else is talking about karma.

Gidget loves Mykeru!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home