Sunday, April 30, 2006

What Goes Around Comes Around

Jane Fonda, Feminism (a little Shakespeare) and the Absorption of Yes and No

again
No. I said to Yoko
how simplistic you were then
Black - white, high - low.
Still valued? -
Has been.

I said yes
ten thousand times before (count them)
wound it tied it ribboned, flourished
tidied whitened whored

and now the time of no has come (hear it?)
backlashing close behind
Pretty girls run naked!
Pretty little napalmed girls! (see them?)
Crying as they run (good girls)
Honest little empty girls (just like we like em)
Firm-breasted girls who lie on their backs (groan)
Scream, no! (learning first to bear, making them women of good carriage)

No is the new yes.
Relax
let me do the thinking, baby
rest your sweet head
Here on my bed
no is yes yes is no so
Let my fingers console you
warm and hidden

Let me take it all away
(back to top)

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger MJ said...

It's spring with some frozen nights thrown in. Probably still some snow to come, just to remind us how good we've got it.

I bought a lawnmower! (Then I promptly almost burned the engine up mowing piles of leaves.) Fuckin-A! Here I come! The head of the household! I need a mulcher. And a chainsaw! :+P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home