Saturday, April 08, 2006

#58

Once I said I want to be a hermit (in the vein of the Taoist Chinese hermits, who are now no doubt non-existent. Hell, if we had our way there would be WalMarts lining the Chungnan Mountains, but that's another blog. Or not.) So the wisdom of Dolly comes back to haunt me again. "Be careful what you wish for." I am pretty much living as a Chinese Taoist hermit minus the Chinese part and the Taoism. (Did Chinese hermits drink wine from boxes?)

I leave at 8:00 am to pick AJ up at the airport in the city. I haven't seen her since last summer when I broke my key off in the lock and used my body as a battering ram to bust her apartment door down. Among other things. What a summer that was.

So much has gone down, my old life seems very distant and the new one unformed. But today I enjoy this happy moment of anticipation.
58. As the past has faded into misty memories, and the future remains a dream unrealized, seizing the present is most important. (from the "108 Paths to Liberation" by Ch'an Master Sheng Yen)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home