Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Verge

"I want to walk to South America. I want to step out my door and begin putting one foot in front of the other. I want a new life."

Perhaps AJ is right, and I can't see what is right in front of me. Old images of reality are seared into my vision like shapes gazed upon too long and remain, covering whatever is next. If I slide my consciousness a bit (it is not that hard!) and as thoughts approach simply choose to look ahead at blackness, the thought-trains which move like smooth shadows along serpentine grooves in gray matter lose power and potency.

We are so in love with chaos. We must stand on our heads, notice the negative spaces, allow ourselves to see what is right in front of us.

Not to close our self, but to open. Not to turn away, but toward. Not to worry. Not to protect. Not to use. But to loosen. Give it away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home