Saturday, December 17, 2005

Future Shades of Blue

1. Monday, Dec 19, 2005: Take the day off work and pick up Mo at the airport.
Beautiful girl, stepping off the plane in a blue city dress... carrying your self, fragile and forged with fire and steel...
2. Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005: Holiday break begins after work
Imperfect vision, my daughter sad and happy before me
3. Thursday, Dec 22, 2005: Take Mo to the airport and send her home to NYC
I love you forever, Mo, with a bond elastic and steel, forged in blue flames
4. Get on a plane to Florida
Above the clouds I will decide that things are never cut and dried
flowers prickly preserved and dense with color
but will always bear the unobservable
shades of blue
faded
hidden nuances of color
the human eye
primitive instrument
obstruction of perception
cannot recognize
Cast off
5. Spend 12 days in Naples, feet in sand, eyes seaward toward shades of blue

3 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Yes! A dose of Veronica-medicine and the OCEAN awaits.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Have a wonderful time in Naples! I am more envious than you could imagine.

Ryan

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger MJ said...

I am so happy to be setting off... I'll be keeping an eye out for you while I'm gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home