Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Three Sisters

I think you would be proud of me. I was cordial to Theo at the wedding, and enjoyed some moments warming Dolly's hands with mine after she got a chill posing for photographs at the church before the wedding.

It was a brief ceremony that began with a slide show of the bride and groom. Afterward, the best part was Willa. She came up behind Georgia and me, wiggled her way between us, slid her arms through ours and said, "I have been waiting so long for the three of us to be together." "Let's run away!" (Can you guess who said that?) And Willa replied, "Where shall we go?" Georgia suggested Costa Rica. Someplace warm. Someplace relaxing. Somewhere far away.

So, the three sisters were together momentarily. It's a start, and I will take it.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Cookie! I'm sorry it took days for me to respond to your comment. I have been in a funk. I can relate to your recent post. Our jobs suck in major ways. Students' sense of entitlement and belief that they have the right to "stuff", (from the most comfortable seat in the room to the right to be "right" about everything), has just about done me in. I see monsters everywhere!

I seek a humble heart. I search for a heart of gold. I gotta go outside and look at nature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home