Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Kama Sutra Dinner

I think if I must be an invalid I will wear a turban, like 1960's Elizabeth Taylor, and glide on a gurney from coffee table to kitchen, drink in hand, all the while looking vulnerable yet noble. Shelly Winters, in that role, would bring it down.

Or perhaps I will be another variation, Tammy Faye, and my selflessness will ring... (louder, now. Louder.)...like bells in the emply halls of god!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


God damn it.
I will wear costume jewelry and begin smoking again and use a fucking cigarette holder and then I will become the reclusive Greta Garbo. You are not welcome. Get away from me.

Faye Dunaway Jane Fonda Kay Francis Zsa Zsa Gabor Ava Gardner Judy Garland Greer Garson Paulette Goddard...

The back of my hand is placed just so on the edge of my forehead (delicately!), held just a bit too long, and slow heavy eyelashes lift toward Heaven.

I will go to the library, (disguised as me) and stack book after book to be devoured and digested in a small cart to be wheeled out magnificently by Rock Hudson look-alikes. We will sit by the pool with Ron Jeremy and touch one another in places no one has been touched since

you in your top hat and me in my gloves
twirled on the dance floor
in balanced movement.

What the hell. Those Kama Sutra-reading repressed librarians those Natalie Wood doubters those drownings those dinners those heady days.

Bring em on.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Well that's strange, isn't it. What's going on here?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home