Monday, August 01, 2005

Already Met

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Occasionally I think I will meet you in the gardens
amidst the shadows and petals

but then I remember you are already met.

Your needs once spread themselves out on the lawn
and sprouted satisfaction

and powdered the earth with brown pollen and yellow dust rose in the sunshine and then warm rain fell softly and you fluttered colorfully in a sudden breeze and dropped bits of skin, torn by birds, like petals.

That's what I remember.

4 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Lovely and heartbreaking.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger erynthenerd said...

i love it.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger beardedriffraff said...

Goes very well with the recent photos.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Yes, Gene. I think so too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home