Friday, July 01, 2005

After the Overtaking

After the overtaking
I stand on the edge of an overthrow of my life
Looking down I see Dolly looking up at me.
"Be careful what you wish for."

I stand panicked.
Panting.
Overwhelmed
Overridden
Overpowered by my silence

Inertia
My old friend,
(breathe in, breathe out)
I think I went too far when I toyingly slipped my hand from yours.

The function of our dysfunction filled the map
with invisible gardens, our secret!
and now uncharted territory looms
where once there were flowers.

Sweet, sweet, bitter spice of lemon petals await my bare feet.

6 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger erynthenerd said...

you know, i don't usually like poetry, but yours is so damned pretty :) even if it is nostalgic and painful. good to see you around again!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Thanks, Eryn, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-)

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Very nice.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Ryan, it's good to hear your voice again.

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger erynthenerd said...

I'm terrible about checking back on comments that I've made, so thank you belatedly for the belated birthday wishes!

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger erynthenerd said...

well, your birthday wishes were probably only belated because I just now saw them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home