Saturday, June 04, 2005

Mountains and Waves

It's true, there is this. I am grading mountains of papers. Round one is finished, but there are three more rounds to go before it's over. Each round means grading 150 written assignments. Do you know what that's like? Did you know that it can drive you over the edge? Did you? Huh? Did you?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


But there is also this....peonies!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


So I would say there is some kind of strange balance in my life right now. Some greater embrace of both the good and the bad. Trying to possess one or deny the other doesn't work. Let's face it.

Let's just stop running headlong toward happiness, shall we? It is irrelevant whether I am happy or sad, whether I like or dislike, whether times are good or bad. Life just is. You don't have to tread water or swim away from sharks. Just let go and roll with the waves. Let the waves comfort you. Seek nothing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Times three. But I am going to live in denial through the weekend.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Me either!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

I have every confidence in you.

An aside: I disagree--seek everything!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Ya think? I have always been a collector of experience, but I can feel a major shift in my thinking. I know for sure that seeking "stuff" isn't worth it. I am questioning whether seeking "experience" is worth it. Not only 'not worth it', but somehow detrimental. Sometimes so much "thinking" doesn't seem worth it either....why should we seek everything? What are you after, Ryan?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home