Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A Few Goals

I have been in a funk lately, so please picture me, slapping myself across the face and telling myself to "snap out of it". Huck says I need to use some "football coach-isms" with my classes, so why not on myself?

Don't tell me how rocky the waters are, just bring the damn boat in!

There now, that's better.

In that spirit, I have given myself a few goals. I decided to make the list short and sweet, not set myself up for failure with some "learn to forgive" bullshit.

So here goes:

1. Learn to vault a 5' fence with my hands.
2. Learn to swim the breast stroke correctly.
3. Swim laps.
4. Learn to speak Spanish fluently.
5. Write a novel.
4. Learn to speak Spanish
5. Write a novel.

There. That's enough.

3 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger erynthenerd said...

I used to have two general To Do lists. One was Things To Do Before I Turn 30. The other was Things To Do Before I die. I can't remember a single thing that was on either one of those lists.

Good luck with yours! I hope you fare better than I did!

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Yea, I'm already stressed about it. It goes.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Five years later, and I have done none of these things. But I did learn to whistle with my fingers. That's enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home