Saturday, April 02, 2005

Queen Shit

The drain cleaner guy came back yesterday and snaked out the pipes again. This time he put a balloon thingy in the air pipe on the roof and shot a kabillion pounds of pressure through the system, which caused a great brown geyser in the bathroom, where nothing had been going down the toilet, bathtub or sink for some time. So I was mopping up shit again yesterday, which I have decided is good for the soul.

I'm sure it has made me a better person. Maybe enlightened, even.

So here is my divinely shitty poem, a remembrance of Spring Break 2005:
The Shit
Feces and piss and blood and rotting flesh and death and Terri Shiavo,
The American psyche, the pope the war and death comes in threes, says Dolly.
Easter and jonquils bare branches and mud
shit on the doorknobs, a cardinal!
Shit on shoes
Shit on floors
Shit on the roof
Hallelujia!
I will try and channel more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home