Saturday, April 30, 2005

Lilacs and Possibility

Kids, I am happy. It could be the wine, but I am pretty sure it is the lilacs.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Like Melina, I don't want to be continually moping around (what good is that for me or you), so I have, after a walk in the nearby horticultural gardens, decided to focus on the good stuff. What follows is a list of things for which I am glad:

1. The powerful scent of lilacs, that can pull you out of dark places and strengthen you.

2. Light on water. Quiet reflection.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
3. Spring, with its reminder of birth and death, its persistent stretch.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
4. Connections. Mo and her men, Huck the lionhearted, Auggie, straight as an arrow, AJ, pure and true. Blog friends who surprisingly come to your rescue with comments that bolster.

5. Books, art, music, and how they all merge with life and change it, shuffle it, provide new perspective.

6. The potential for humans to do good. Or not.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
7. The feeling that there is some "magic" and destiny and purpose in the world.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
8. The labyrinth. Narrow pathways, hidden doors, almost-missed markers. What you see behind the scenes, after dark, chance meetings, stepping into something new. That bittersweet feeling when you realize that you can't go back.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Melina said...

Cool post. I've never "seen" you so serene before, it was nice.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Thanks. Sometimes I just need a fucking break from myself.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger erynthenerd said...

I love lilacs. We've got a big tree in our front yard, and as an adult, I am very disappointed by how short their bloom is. I remember them blooming all summer when I was a child, but time seems to have shrunk greatly over the last ten years or so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home