Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Model of Efficiency

Alrighty then. It seems Dolly had a date with her friends to the community dinner at the high school (she read me all the sponsors over the phone... mostly local banks, who kiss the elderly's ass to keep their assets). So I can't cross #2 off my list.

To Do:

1. Mess around with blog for hours
2. Visit Dolly
3. Take photos
4. See you later

Perhaps later in the week I'll drive over and visit Dolly, although I think she'd be just as happy if she never saw me again. I'm not being maudlin, but simply stating a fact. She has pretty much settled into life without me. I guess that happens. Your mother, for so many years tuned in to your every need, gradually becomes dispassionate and sort of forgets you're there. And isn't that wonderful?! She has a life. I was a little concerned when I asked her if she had walked today (she used to walk three miles every day and I thought I might join her) and she said, "Yes! In the house! I go through the bedroom and around the living room and back porch. I walk for a half-hour, really fast." The mental image of her doing that is mind-boggling.

So I headed for the video store and spotted a shopping cart resting on a magnificent dirty snow mountain in the parking lot and took a photo of it. I even climbed up on the hard pile (it will probably be there until June), with confused shoppers taking "note" that someone was doing something out of the ordinary. So there it is, in the sidebar. I guess I can't say photos (plural) but that one picture certainly goes a long way. Don't you think?

And here I am, later. Can you possibly guess how I am? (is blogger driving you crazy, too?)

4 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Melina said...

Blogger is sucking my butt. I liked the photo...sad, graveyard-esque.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger MJ said...

You guys gonna leave blogger? At first when I saw other people complaining I thought, "Oh gee, the FREE service isn't good enough for them?" But yesterday I wasted a whole lotta time just trying to delete the 20 identical posts that it kept publishing. And I can't delete comments. And...and...and...

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger jomama said...

It published about 4 of mine
without asking also.

Yea, blogger sucks. I left tblog
sometime ago for the same reasons.

I hate moving so I'm gonna tuf
out Google's Beta-blog (blogger)
for a while longer.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger jomama said...

It published about 4 of mine
without asking also.

Yea, blogger sucks. I left tblog
sometime ago for the same reasons.

I hate moving so I'm gonna tuf
out Google's Beta-blog (blogger)
for a while longer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home