Sunday, February 27, 2005

AJ + Mark Kozelek

Getting ready to pick AJ up at the airport a hundred miles away. I'm looking forward to the drive and the music on the way. She will be staying for a week, and she is on NYC time, so I will be sleepy at work for a few days.

One of my NYC highlights was going to a Mark Kozelek concert with AJ at the Bowery Ballroom on the 21st. If you don't know who Mark Kozelek is, go out and buy his newest album under the name Sun Kil Moon called "Ghosts of the Great Highway". I have listened to it so much it is losing some of its magic, so I have switched to another of his albums, called "What's Next to the Moon" which is all AC/DC covers. So nice. He is sort of a melancholy indie rocker with a beautiful voice. Get his albums. I will tell you about the concert, but now I must leave to pick up the infamous AJ. She is a force to be reckoned with! After the concert AJ was deeply in love with Mark Kozelek (until she decided later in the evening that she was deeply in love with a certain club manager). She is so funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home